We had a fantastic, but long, day. A few highlights are below. It was a great day, and a nice venue.
We placed 3rd overall, undefeated most of the day, and lost only 1 match
– We made it to the semi-finals. as 3rd alliance
– We got picked by 2nd Alliance, and we accepted
– we were selected to run “all” semi-final matches
– 1 of semi-final matches was a tie(!) and we had to re-run it, so 4 matches total.
-It was a nail biter (matches were close), but we edged them out
-There was much debate about some ref calls, as they were critical
– We made it to the finals
– we were selected to run “all” final matches
– 1 of final matches was a tie (yes, again!) and we had to re-run it, so 4 matches total.
-It was a nail biter (matches were close, yes, again!), but we got edged out with a close ref call on final beacon at the buzzer!
-There was much debate about some critical ref calls
So, yes 14 matches total!!